Monday, January 28, 2013

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Next on the reading schedule is Romans reading no more than 3 chapters a day.

I have just completed that.

Reading through Romans... my cup runneth over with so much truth. I think I could write about each chapter... about each verse. I won't. I don't have time to do that. You can read it and journal your own thoughts and blessings you receive from it.

Chapter 1 specifically verse 21-32 is heart breaking. "When they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were they thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened." As I read through the first chapter it seemed to paint a vivid picture of present day America.

Continuing through the next few chapters, I felt a number of emotions - sadness, then a sense of liberation followed by utter thankfulness. In my notes I wrote "Thankful for guidelines, for true right and wrong. There is no guessing. The lines are not blurred. There's no gray area. It's black or white, right or wrong - that simplifies life! When you can know for sure what is right and what is wrong and you can admit it, you can get it right. You can ask for the cleansing righteousness that only comes though Jesus - His blood - His death and resurrection. That is freedom! Freedom form sin and from guilt. A much better way to live." (my simpleminded notes - wink)

Some other verses I highlighted (key word being "some"):
Rom. 5:3-5
Rom. 8:6, 8, 16, 25-27 (26 is one of my favorite verses), 28-39 PRAISE THE LORD!
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory which shall be revealed in us."
Rom. 9:15, 19 Have mercy and compassion on me. Help me not resist Your Will.
Rom. 10:1 May our (specifically my) heart's desire be first for the salvation of souls!
Rom. 11:34-36 Makes me want to shout! :)
Rom. 12:1, 2, 11, 12 (12 is another one of my favorites.) Really might as well highlight the whole 12th chapter. Wow! Romans is one of my favorite books on the Bible! It's all yellow. :)

I am trying not to make this post too long. There is so much in Romans, like I said I don't want to write about every verse even though one really could!

My prayer is that God would give me a specific message from His word each day and help me to remember it through out my day. In my prayer journal before reading chapters 10-12 I wrote "...help me to grow and transform into the person you have created me to be..." Then read 12:1-2. He gave me specific directions. I stopped right there in my reading and thanked the Lord for this answer. It is not an immediate accomplishment by any means of course you know. It was a fun little conversation the way I see it. He tells me, if I want to see growth and transformation this is how I do it.

Romans 12:12 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Enjoy your read through Romans. Let me know what touches you most as you read this jam-packed book.

Next for me in my reading schedule is to read through the entire New Testament twice by reading 3 chapters a day. This is supposed to take 6 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment