Thursday, January 24, 2013

On Another Note

This is slightly off the topic...

I was just thinking how sweet it is to know the words of hymns. I turned on some piano music, and was just singing along silently realizing how nice it is to focus on the words rather than be distracted by a voice that I may or may not enjoy.

I was listening to this music while reading a book - a book that only requires 1 or 2 pages of reading a day. That's how I fit it in. Listening to music, reading a book and eating lunch all at the same time...

I was touched by the words of the book, so I just want to share it with... whoever you are reading this (wink).

"TODAY IS A NEW DAY... 
IT IS A CLEAN SLATE WITH NO MISTAKES ON IT!"
           (That made me think of one of my favorite movies, Anne of Green Gables.)

"TODAY THE PAST HAS NO PLACE IN YOUR LIFE. Stop and think about that for a minute..."

"Be concerned only for today. In your efforts to...(fill in the blank), you are often so busy looking ahead that you miss the **needs and opportunities you have today. You look forward to...(fill in the blank) and in the meantime you neglect to prepare yourself for TODAY'S EVENTS!" 

"You are accountable for TODAY, and today only. Tomorrow will take care of itself." 

"JUST FOR TODAY 
I WILL LET THE PAST PASS AWAY - 
JUST FOR TODAY."


Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.


**Don't miss the needs or opportunities you have TODAY!

So, that took longer than reading 2 pages does. Must get back to other tasks for now.
I am truly enjoying my read through Romans! More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment