Wednesday, January 9, 2013

...just a few thoughts

John 13:17 "If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."


In order to follow all the steps outlined, I am rereading "How to study the Bible for Yourself" by Tim LaHaye. You can get it for yourself... click here

Most people who say they don't believe the Bible, or who make other similar statements have never actually read it for themselves. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. "Really? You don't believe it? What part in particular do you not believe?" "What can you tell me about it?" Do they really know any of the narratives? Do they know the difference between true events in history and parables? How did they come to the conclusion that they do not believe it? 

By the same token, there are many believers who believe the Bible, and don't know it. This side of the coin is better, but not by much. 

Tim LaHaye writes, "...if you are ever going to be a happy, successful Christian it will be by regularly feeding on the Word of God and that takes work. The more you work at it the faster and better you will grow. You will find it is well worth the price you are called on to pay... Jesus gave the formula for success when He said, "If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17). Happiness then is the result of knowing and doing the will of God as He has revealed it in the Bible. The problem with so many Christians is they have not spent the time learning the principles of the Bible so they don't  even know what is expected of them. It is no wonder they do not enjoy all the blessings of the Christian life."

Why was the Bible written? Who was the Bible written for?

In my reading over the past week... a few thoughts I have had... the verses I have highlighted...

Acts 3:12 "Why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us as though by our own power..."
I know I took this verse a bit our of context, but my thoughts as I read this verse before I went on to read the following verses were of praise recognizing that everything I have, everything I am, and everything I do is only because of Jesus.

Acts 4:24 "Lord, thou art God, which has made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is." PRAISE THE LORD! These statements get me excited! If you want to really have a great day, say this statement over and over all day. Say it out loud to the Lord. Say it silently to yourself. Whisper it. Speak it. Sing it. Share it. Shout it! "LORD, THOU ART GOD!" The more you know it, the more you believe it, the more you understand the power and truth in this seemingly simple statement, the less everything else matters.

"LORD, THOU ART GOD!"
Lord, thou art my God. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment