Monday, February 18, 2013

Loud and Clear!

Today's message came in loud and clear, and was completely convicting.

I am through Mark, and am now reading through Luke - 3 chapters at a time.

Today I read Luke 4-6 which begins with Jesus being led by the Spirit into the wilderness for 40 days being tempted of the devil and having nothing to eat. When I read verse 4 today I was completely convicted! I missed a few days in the word last week, but I ate three times each day at least, and I thought about food a lot more than that.

Forgive me for not being very eloquent right now. I am just being very real, and expressing where I am at right now. I just don't want to take all day perfecting this blog.

Anyway, I began to think more about the verse on my subtitle Job 23:12 "I have desired the words of His mouth more than my necessary food." I know this is not true of me, but it is a prayer of mine, and I can see God working in me as He opens my eyes to the truth about me. When I read about Jesus not eating for 40 days and then the words of Christ... "It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." followed by the reference to Deuteronomy 8:3 "And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did they fathers know: that He might make thee know that man doth not live be bread only, but by every word that doth proceed out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."...

I know I am not there yet, but I will continue to pray that God will work in me and bring me to a place that His word is more important to me than food in a very literal way. That I would replace my thoughts of food throughout the day with thoughts of scriptures, that my cravings would be more and more satisfied by Bible verses rather than snacks, and that my thirsting would be quenched by the "milk of the Word." (1 Peter 2:2)

I need to get my priorities right. I am thankful that I can see and feel God working in me. I am working on becoming more of a "Wordy" than a "Foody".

No comments:

Post a Comment